Dev productivity tips & tools
The following tips and tools are found to be useful in the daily life of a developer
The following tips would improve the speed and consistency in work. Decreases the lazyness around working productively.
- 1.Selects the whole thing -
- 2.More control over the selection -
- 3.Word by word movement -
Search the codebase - Press
SPowershell options -
XOrganize windows -
Bring brilliance to the discussion.
Thank often both the robots and humans. Thank at the beginning, during and at the end of any code review process.
Pull Request (PR)there are about
Even though we are sure about something, let us give some room for discussion by asking a question.
Make sure to have a different email addresss for Open Source discussion with a pseudony, such for example, corepointer or j143. So that email address can be
j143 [at] protonmail.com.
Full name of a person is to be kept private.
- 2.In the
edit infosection, you might want to remove your second name! :)
Always check for typos in emails, comments or discussions.
The chat language ("u" instead of "you") to be avoided, write down full sentences.
Manage time and stay undistracted!
How it works?
- 1.Choose a task you'd like to get done
- 2.Set the timer for 25 minutes
- 3.Work on the task until the time completes
- 4.Note it as one pomodoro
- 5.Take a short break
One stop shopping for all that is git.
The words that we frequently use in development conversations
- 1.How to understand a problem, better?
- 1.Many things just don't work the first time, and we do need to repeat them again and again.
- 1.A Human Guide to Developer Productivity. link: https://snipcart.com/blog/guide-developer-productivity-tools